If you are suffering from a medical condition that prevents you from finding employment or keeping a job, you may be eligible for disability benefits under the Social Security Disability Insurance Law.
The Social Security Administration has established specific criteria to determine whether or not you qualify for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI).
To qualify for SSDI benefits, you must meet the following requirements:
- You are unable to perform work as you did before due to your physical disability or medical condition.
- You have a disability that is expected to last for at least one year or has already lasted for more than one year.
- Your medical condition is likely to result in death.
- You cannot adjust to a new job due to your disability.
If you are unsure whether you qualify for SSDI benefits, seeking the help of a lawyer may be beneficial. The amount you receive in benefits is largely dependent on your average earnings. In 2017, the average monthly disability payment was $1,171, with a maximum benefit of about $2,687.
When to seek legal help?
The application process for SSDI benefits can be confusing and difficult to navigate. Many people turn to legal experts and lawyers for assistance.
Your attorney can help you understand whether or not you are eligible for SSDI benefits. They can also assist with the following steps:
- Completing the application: The paperwork involved in applying for SSDI benefits can be complicated. Your lawyer’s team can ensure that all necessary paperwork is completed as per requirements.
- Reconsideration: If your application is rejected, don’t panic or lose hope. Your lawyer can file a request for reconsideration within 60 days.
- Administrative Law Judge Hearing: If your request for reconsideration is also denied, your lawyer can file another application before an Administrative Law Judge.
A competent lawyer can help you win your case in no time. It is important to choose the right attorney for Social Security Disability Insurance Law application and follow-up procedures, if required.
Take your time to evaluate the legal services available, and don’t hesitate to ask relevant questions. Keep in mind that your lawyer can save you considerable time and money, and their payments are usually linked to the services they provide.
Ask for references and meet your legal team in person before moving forward with your application.
Contact Ladas Law Firm, P.C. today to learn more about SSDI benefits and how they can help you.
- Ladas Law Firm, P.C.
- 90 Rockland Street, Suite 4
- Hanover, MA 02339
- Telephone: (781) 829-9191
- Toll Free: (844) 291-4296
- Fax: (781) 829-2161